Friday, July 10, 2015

PDF Inserts are now available!!!

Wow, as I looked back on Stampin' Connection (a SU! demo only site), the first time I posted inserts I had made for the markers was July 1, 2011.  Its crazy I've been doing these for 4 years!!!  The first ones were okay, served their purpose.  After some sad news of hearing my files were being altered (removed my name), copied and sold, I decided to re-vamp them.  They look so much better!  I tried to stay consistent with the styling of all inserts.  The only ones with their own design are the markers and ink refills.  I wanted to use colors from their color families instead of the standard green.  I tried to make the framelits and stamp inserts similar to what Stampin' Up! offers.



Here's the reason I started making these.  When I originally ordered the markers, I bought the whole set at once.  They came in this nice box where each marker had a slot.  But trying to find "the one" became an annoyance.  Then Stampin' Up! came out with their clear DVD cases.  Guess what...a color family of markers fit PERFECTLY in them!!  So I moved mine over right away.  But had no way of knowing which case had which family.  After measuring, creating and printing I tried them out.  They didn't fit quite right, the information on the spine wasn't centered.  So back and forth I went until I was satisfied they looked good.
Then came the framelits and edgelits.  They came in an envelope which didn't have an image of what they looked like.  So back to the computer I went!  Most of the framelits fit in the case, and if you buy some of those magnetic vent covers, you can cut them to fit and hold the framelits as well.



Speed ahead 4 years, Stampin' Up! changed the case their stamp sets came in.  They stack wonderfully on a shelf.  So I started the big project of moving all my stamp sets into the new cases.  By this time, Stampin' Up! created their own case inserts you could download and type in the stamp set name, item number and quantity of stamps.  Personally I didn't like how they worked.  It left a white box where my stamp set name was.  And I couldn't add stamp images to the front or spine.  So again, I decided to make my own.
During this process, I decided to purge my supplies.  I found a lot of sets I didn't need anymore, so I sold a lot.  But what I had left were moved to the new cases.  I think my shelves look so nice and organized now!


If you're interested in getting the files I've created, click on the 'PDF Inserts' on the top right side of my blog.  That will give you all the information you need to know and how to get them.  

Thanks for stopping by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment